Searching for restoration project

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by sronicker, Jun 14, 2006.

1. sronicker

sronicker Junior Member

I am looking for a free or very, very cheaply priced boat. I live in Ohio so preferably close by. I searched the free boat ads in the back of a magazine about wooden boats but none seemed to my liking.

other options would be for truly free plans in (pdf format preferably) that are detailed enough for an inexperienced builder to follow.

I would prefer to work in wood but not plywood. any information such as boat search engines would also be appreciated.

Sam

2. Chris Ostlind

Chris Ostlind Previous Member

3. mutineer60

mutineer60 New Member

Sir, I mite have something up your Line

I have a 1900 CrissCraft wooden Doory some pople called rowboats. This is made of Monangy and it is waped design and cut like a baddle ship! It is small but a very good starter, the only thing wroung with it is some one put fiberglass over the wood ( this was DUMM ) thay mess ed up the value of the boat by doing this. If you are interested e-mail me for photo's and a price to
    www.sailorboy1028@yahoo.com I can't figer out how to put photos on here!

4. Eric Sponberg

Eric Sponberg Senior Member

You can also search through the Antique and Classic Boat Society for boats for sale in various stages of restoration. www.acbs.org.

Eric

5. sronicker

sronicker Junior Member

thanks that wooden boat rescue .org is awesome!!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.