searching for gulfstream

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by sawmaster, Feb 13, 2011.

1. sawmaster

sawmaster Senior Member

hey folks:While searching for a used mutineer 15 recently I contacted a gent who collects older/obsolete small boats--he didnt have a mutt, but he mentioned a class he said was similar,but i've never heard of it -I googled,but to no avail---Has any one ever heard of a gulfstream 15? Doug?--anybody ?

2. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

-------
    Never heard of it-PM PAR( Paul Ricelli ) he's very good at identifying mystery boats.

3. sawmaster

sawmaster Senior Member

thanksanyway,doug--how about it --anyone else ever heard of a gulfstream 15-Par-?--Ithink the guy may be making this one up. thanks

4. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

A quick look though my data base didn't produce anything interesting. Are you sure he's got the name right? The only Gulfstream I remember are the Derecktor builds for S&S which were CCA contenders of the 50's and splendid boats if you ever have a change to sail on one. I've been on a 42' Gulfstream yawl and it was a fast, fine ride.

5. sawmaster

sawmaster Senior Member

thanks ,par--turns out the boat in question was a mutineer--the guy was reading a tag placed on it by a dealer--gulfstream sailboats-I cant believe he saw that tag and not the two metal plates that said chrysler.( I did finally find agulfstream 15 designed by a guy named Bludworth but its now moot )Appreciate your looking --thanks