Samson Sailboats

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by czywbt, Aug 20, 2004.

1. czywbt

czywbt New Member

Can anyone please explain to me why Samson Sailboats are so inexpensive in comparison to their counterparts? Is there an inherant design flaw? Also, what are the hull, deck, etc. constructed of? Does anyone have experience with or knowledge of this particular type of sailboat. I appreciate your feedback. Thank You. Cwazy Wabbit...

2. DGreenwood

DGreenwood Senior Member

If you are refering to the Samson I know it is probably because they are made of ferro-cement. They are cheap because the market for them is poor. Most are poorly built and the material is not ideal to begin with but it is possible to build a good one...not fast but reliable.

3. czywbt

czywbt New Member

Thank You for your input. I was referring to a listing in the "sailboat trader". It states; 1997 SAMSON, 55', fiberglass hull & deck prof. const. by designer, wood int., USCG doc., 100 hrs on hull & eng., $150K.

4. DGreenwood

DGreenwood Senior Member

And I just realized the guy I was refering to was spelled SAMPSON, if I remember correctly. Sorry

5. czywbt

czywbt New Member

Hey, no problem, LOL, My last name is Lampson, the boat I was looking for info on is Samson. But Thanks for the reply!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.