sailboat identification?

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by quizzical, Apr 5, 2012.

1. quizzical

quizzical New Member

I have just purchased what the seller refers to as a Norstar Anastasia. I am sceptical. Lots of pictures at:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/schoonereagle/sets/72157629166335958/

Boat previously must have had bowsprit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It was previously documented with the USCG with an "IMO or other number" of NSB3201, if that helps. Thanks.

2. kenJ

kenJ Senior Member

That is the Hull Identification Number, not the documentation number. The boat was manufactured by NORTHERN STATES BOAT WORKS, 2361 COUNTY ROAD 40, NEW LONDON MN. The company went out of business in 2005. The owner was Charles T. Hunt, phone is listed as (320) 354-7249. Not sure how current any of this info is. You also might be able to get some more information by tracking down the title and previous owners through the state registration number on the bow.

3. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

I think you might run into privacy issues there but maybe not.

4. quizzical

quizzical New Member

Northern Star Boatworks?

Strange. A satellite picture just shows farmland at that address. It's pretty far from bodies of water appropriate for a 34 foot sailboat. Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.