sail identification needed

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by shaggie, Jun 11, 2011.

1. shaggie

shaggie New Member

Hi. I saw this type of sail on a homemade sailboat out on the water on Lake Erie (see attached sketch). The area looked to be about 40 to 60 sq ft. The sail was all white with a red emblem that looked like two red parallelograms, as best I could discern. It was a catboat type of sail. It had a fairly long foot relative to the luff. There was no jib. If anyone knows the manufacturer and model of the sail, please let me know. It looked like a sail that would be suitable for a homemade boat that I am building. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

That insignia doesn't ring a bell for me, nor with a quick check of my insignia data base. How close are the proportions to the actual logo?

3. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

its whats left of the last sponsers decal
    Mitsubishi
    (its the bottom of the Mitsubishi logo...maybe?)

4. PAR

5. CutOnce

CutOnce Previous Member

Tyvek? Many of the synthetic building wraps have the seller's logo/name on them. Many homebuilders cut around the worst of the corporate advertising and broadseam the clear parts together.

--
    CutOnce

6. PAR

You can remove the logo's and advertizing on Tyvek and other building wraps with alcohol and other relatively safe solvents. I have test bed Tyvek sails, all white with my logo spray painted on them.

7. CutOnce

CutOnce Previous Member

Well, that is very nice to know. Thanks, PAR!

--
    CutOnce

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.