Please info in Velvet drive transmission problem

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by MarioCoccon, Oct 31, 2005.

1. MarioCoccon

MarioCoccon Senior Member

Hi friends: Just return of my trip in the Virgin Islands now other problem. My Velvet transmission broke the bearing that appear in the front of the trans. If you look the trans in the front they are to caps under the vent cap. The caps are attached with four 7/16 bolts. That bearing was in the lower one. When I taked the cap out the bearing was broken the ring was twisted. The first thing when I looked its a strange bolt but its rounded with four lines appear to be taked with a special tool. But my ?? is its a bolt or its a thing that needs to be taked with a puller. It is a bolt to what side loose in favor of the clock or the normal to the left. I try a couple of times to both sides and nothing happens. Please help me in that and where I can find that bearing I have the boat already sold and the buyer is waiting. The trans is Borg Wagner 1.1 Velvet Drive mounted in a Perkins 4108 Model 4.04.17.004. Please email me or answer here thanks to everyone.

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

3. MarioCoccon

MarioCoccon Senior Member

Hi Gonzo, Thanks for the answer I will be doing the arrangement for that, I gone try to take the bearing out first what you think? Or order the manual first?.

4. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

The manual has good instructions for disassembly. It is possible to break parts if you do it the wrong way.

5. chris_halemarin

chris_halemarin New Member

Answers to Velvet Drive questions by Hale Marine

Hello

My name is Chris Malo, and I am with Hale Marine. Any questions you might have I can answer as I have 30 years of experience in the marine industry and with Velvet drive Transmissions. If you ever purchase from us or not if you have a questions feel free to give me a call I have seen it all.

Any questions you can call (800)544-3677 or visit our website.

www.halemarine.com

We also have a easy to use forums were you can ask any questions you might have.

Velvet Drive Forums

We also offer the LOWEST prices on all velvet drive transmissions. Check our prices at

http://www.halemarine.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.