Plans for 'Egoist'

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Bergalia, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Anyone out there know of a source for plans of a 5.5m pocket cruiser called 'Egoist'. She was designed by Claude L'Honnen - but all attempts to contact him have failed. A web search always ends up on the same page which informs me that the relevant page has been withdrawn. :mad:

2. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

Ask and ye shall receive. Endtas also has it in case you ever want it again.

Steve

Attached Files:

3. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Steve - you are a genius... Many, many, many thanks. There's an Iowa-sized dram waiting for you next time you call by.... :) ;) :D

4. Baldur

Baldur Junior Member

5. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Baldur - that was my next question. The link you quote is the one I originally used - but you probably discovered like me that Claude's photographic record suddenly peters out. I tried to e-mail him... but no result so far.. and the web link turns all 'huffy' (in French) and refuses to redirect. Bit of a mystery really. But she's such a simple, pretty little craft, that I'm sure someone out there has built her.
    But follow up Steve's (lewisboats) link who correctly says that 'Endtas' has plans - or just down load the link he's added to the note above.
    Once more Steve - big hug and kisses (masculine style of course). You're a man of the first water. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

6. lewisboats

Certainly my pleasure. I too would like to see one completed, or at least 80%. I also have my eye on that sweet little Polish number. This might actually be the first boat I build that I haven't designed myself. Here is the site for it in english.
    http://www.zeglarstwo.3miasto.pl/sztraeng/sztrengl.html

Steve

7. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

You're also a man of good taste, Steve...The little Polish number has taken my fancy too ;)

8. lewisboats

There is another one too...Russian I think. It has a triangular pram bow, real narrow. I had it a couple of days ago, but now I can't think of where it is/what it is called. Any clues?

Steve

9. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Sorry Steve, after all you've done for me... I've got to let you down. Scratched the balding head...can't think...scoured the web...Not really anything definate...But for you, my friend, I'll keep searching... :(
    Oh, by the way... Which version of CAD were the Egoist plans transcribed into. I'm a Mac man... and limited to the CADs - Neither RealCad; MacCad, nor Graphite seem to want to open the plans....Frustration....
    But not to worry too much...I'm greatly struck by the little Polish number...
    But as I say...search for the Russian design goes on... :rolleyes:

10. lewisboats

Here is the program that works for me... at least it opens the drawings. I'm not much of a CADer so you're on your own as to playing with the drawings. According to the webpage I downloaded there are some drawings that are not included because he was going to do them as he built the thing.

Steve

Attached Files:

11. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Plans for Egoist

What can I say Steve...Even unto half my kingdom...well one of my daughters anyway. You are a prince among men. It did the trick.
    Meanwhile I've printed out the plans of the little Polish number...absolutely beautiful - certainly near the top of 'Must do' list. But am still searching for the 'Russian Job'....will be in touch. But again many thanks ;) ;)

12. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Plans for Egoist

Steve - Could it be the Kavalier 800 ? Russian design.
    Tap in http://sailing.about.com/od/boatplans/
    then track list down to Kavalier 800...Not as pretty as the Polish job...but each to his own I suppose. :rolleyes:

13. lewisboats

Dots de one! When I was looking at it a few days ago I was 6-8 beers into trying to get sleepy and I misplaced the brain cell where the design name and address resided :p . Thanks much Sherlock :D

Steve
    PS: I'll read the private message when the server lets me at it.
    PPS: I like anything that has 'Free' as part of it, especially boat plans ;)

14. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Plans for Egoist

Late flash - Steve...
    Tap in http://www.boatdesign.net/NYD/
    and you'll get Kavalier - plus the same design team's plans for Pilgrim 590 all on one page
    ;)

15. lewisboats

Sweeeeet! Two for the price of one...and the price is just what I like...HA! :D
    I have it bookmarked already!

Steve

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.