Paul Schreck Boat

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by bricehill, Jun 2, 2006.

1. bricehill

bricehill New Member

Hello, I recently purchased a 27' Paul Schreck "Way Out" sailboat. I believe it was built in 1969. I am having difficulty finding info on the boat although one member knew Mr. Schreck years ago and gave me a lead on someone who worked for him at one time. (no luck so far)

I am very new to sailing; my experience is limited to a windmill boat with which I have been wallowing around the lakes here in North Carolina for the past few years.

I would like to restore this boat to some semblance of its original shape and learn to sail it in our coastal waters. However, I need to learn much more about it first. It has a 4" keel with a dagger board that winches up & down. There is what appears to be a layer of cement in the bottom of the interior (inside ballast?) This is cracked and crumbling in spots. (advice please) It has berths for four, a small galley area and small head. The cockpit is roomy.
    The boat travels well on its trailer and it appears that it could be launched from almost any boat ramp.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone about this sailboat.

2. Wellydeckhand

Wellydeckhand Previous Member

You'll get more help by posting picture of the boat and the problem.........

3. bricehill

bricehill New Member

4. hansp77

hansp77

I am having trouble opening your document Brice.
    I don't kow what sort of format that is in.

Try JPEG or something like it, a bit more universal.
    (see the guide when attatching, it will tell you the sort of formats and sizes that are acceptable. If you choose one of them then most of us will be able to see it.)

Fiberglass boat?

What is the condition overall? Have you put it in the water?
    You say restore to her original shape- sounds pretty major.

Whatever case, photos of everything is always good. Especially stuff like that 'cement' ballast.
    If it is for ballast then it sounds like it was probably added after original manufacture for a reason. Stability of course.

Good luck.
    Hans.

5. bricehill

bricehill New Member

This is a picture that was sent to me by the person from whom I purchased the boat. I open it with "internet explorer". But I'll try something different next. Thanks for your help.

6. Earl Boebert

Earl Boebert Senior Member

It was a zippped JPG; here it is, slightly lower-res. HTH :)

Cheers,

Earl

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.