Need information on sailboat manufacturer.

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by melinda, Jun 27, 2006.

1. melinda

melinda New Member

I am looking for the manufacturer of a sailboat I am refurbishing. I have attached pictures. The boat originally had a wooden plaque attached to the back of it - "Sea Weed" - but I can find no manufacturer's name nor a VIN. The boat is 11' long and approximately 48" wide. It has two wooden seats which attached to the fiberglass body with four screws. The centerboard pivots into the water. The mast and boom are made of spruce, and it is rigged as a sloop with a mainsail and jib. The tiller is oak. The rudder appears to be teak. Additionally, the floor boards are teak. Apparently it was used as a training boat at a boy's camp for many years. It is quite heavy - maybe 500 pounds - and is made of fiberglass. The original color seems to be blue hull, white interior. If you have any information about the manufacturer or if you have the same boat and can help me restore this one, I would be greatly appreciative.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.