mutineer restoration project

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by sawmaster, Feb 27, 2011.

1. sawmaster

sawmaster Senior Member

hello all:I have just acquired a bare hull mutineer project boat and would appreciate any information or diagrams regarding the original centerboard arrangement.I could devise some sort of shockcord arrangement to hold the board up with another line to pull it down but i would like to know the original system used.Also ,if anyone has any cost and availability info about the centerboard gasket please let me know.This one has completely disintegrated .-----Thanks

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

3. sawmaster

sawmaster Senior Member

muttineer restoration

Thanks,Par: Nickels boatworks,found thru the link you provided, had a new centerboard gasket and inspection port.I will post progress reports as the restoration proceeds.This should be a nice little daysailer when completed--I have immense respect for its designer---Mcalpine-Downie--,who also designed the shark catamaran.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.