modified hobie fox

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by hydroski, Mar 25, 2004.

1. hydroski

hydroski New Member

Just throwing this out here to see if you guys have any sugestions. My friend has a hoboe fox catamaran see it here. http://www.hobiecat.com/sailing/models_fox.html

We love it it is a great boat, however we live in hawaii, and use it it open ocean races where the swells can be very nasty. The boat surfs extremely well, but it has a tendency tp pitch poll which at 19 knots is not a lot of fun:) So I sugested that we add 2 feet to the nose, and then extend the hull a foot higher, giving it a really high kniff look. Much like Playstation, so it will have a thin wave pearcing nose, but it will be a lot higher and slop back to avoid getting the deck underwater causing us to pitchpoll. Any ways I was going to just modified one of the exesting hulls, and then make a new mold off that plug. I will try to get a drawing up soon so you can see what I'm talking about better
    Aloha Ryan

2. Deseely

Deseely Guest

Before investing too much money into modifying a hobie fox you might want to look at the ARC 22. I have never sailed one but I hear that they are designed for larger swells and rougher water than other beach cats.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.