Maggie B is afloat!

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by SeaSpark, Apr 23, 2006.

1. SeaSpark

SeaSpark -

Attached Files:

2. loco

loco New Member

That's a really nice little boat, very classy. :p

3. Guillermo

Guillermo Ingeniero Naval

Beautiful!

Attached Files:

4. Vega

Vega Senior Member

Nigel Irens is an amazing designer. The variety, the quality and beauty of his designs are truly outstanding. He can design some of the most technological advanced craft around and also traditional poetry in boat shape. The man is a magician:)

Attached Files:

5. Seafarer24

Seafarer24 Sunset Chaser

The idea reminds me of a Freedom 40, though obviously larger, with stayed masts, and an aft cockpit.

I was aboard Freedom 40 Hull #1 early this year and had a nice chat with the owner. He said he's had that boat up to 10 knots in 20 knots of wind. Basically, he said the boat would sail half of the windspeed in any air up to 20 knots, when it began to top out. He also said that once the winds reached 15 the boat would really dig in and ride very smoothly, punching through waves with very little motion.

The Maggie B really is a beautiful design. I love to see what happens when people stop thinking about designing boats around racing rules and handicaps and instead design around a simple purpose.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.