Mac26X on Steriods?

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Wynand N, Feb 26, 2005.

1. asathor

asathor Senior Member

Sailor trainer extravaganza!

My kids would have been devout sailors by now if we had had something like that.

This is proof that some people with money have not lost the good times spirit!

2. Copycat

Copycat New Member

Hello,
    My name is Steve from Key West, Fl. I am currently building copies of the 36 macgregor for commercial use. It is coast guard certified for 18 passengers. If interested, call me at 305 896-3878. Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Steve

3. Milan

Milan Senior Member

4. mighetto

mighetto New Member

A Mac65 Barking Spider III is racing in the Trans Pac. Her owner previously raced a Catalina 38 in the same race. Contrary to the wishes of many, Roger MacGregor has never had the desire to come in first after adjustments. He designs and builds sailboats as fast period as he can. Hence one of the oldest ocean racing records is still held by a Mac65. May Barking Spider III sail well. July 11th. Oh Huzzah, La Perla Noir!

[​IMG]

water ballasted and bulb retracting keel plus articualated bow spril. A Mac26m on steroids.

On Thursday June 16th three Mac26x cruisers (the triple X fleet) joined the 2005 MacGregor Rendezvous. We were unable to catch the Elliot Bay MacGregor fleet but were able to Meet the Pearl with them during the dog watch at Port Orchard.

The Rendezvous Not Quite Race was held on Saturday June 19th. Two of the triple X boats were honored with wine glasses for their fast times around the marks but neither would challenge the Pearl when she hoisted sail to join the fun. Instead the cameras started clicking. Huzzah, La Perla Noir! For God, Country and the prize Juvinal Navitee. Her skipper Tripp Gal is the one with the morbid fascination.

There were almost as many positive flotation power sailers at the rendezvous and race as there were at the J24 Nationals, where several capsized in 20 knot winds and one sank. No compromise on safety with a MacGregor yacht. The S floats when swamped

BZBWY: US Navy Code for Well done Blue Water Yachts.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.