Looking for aluminum boatbuilders east coast US

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Tom Burkett, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Tom Burkett

Tom Burkett Junior Member

I'm looking at having a 36 foot aluminum sailboat built-multi-chine, lifting keel, twin rudders, 2000 Kg displacement. The projects 2yrs from actual construction (more or less), but I'm starting the planning now.

Does anyone have recommendations for builders? I'm looking at two options; 1 is having the hull/deck fabricated with basic mechanicals (engine/tanks) installed. Other is basic sail-away- hull/deck basic mechanicals (engine/tanks), spars, rigging and deck hardware and roughed in interior (basic electrical/sanitary/major bulkheads/rough furniture framing).

Looking for good, experienced builders, preferably on east coast of North America. Location in Chesapeake region would be definite plus.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

2. Tom Burkett

Tom Burkett Junior Member

displacment Correction

That should read 8000 kg displacement (big difference)!

3. JosephT

JosephT Senior Member

Here's a place you might inquire with. If they don't suit you ask them for other suggestions in your region. Good luck & share a pic of your boat if you can. We're always interested in new projects.

http://www.neboatworks.com/

4. Roman Folk

Roman Folk New Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.