Laser as first sailboat.

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by kroberts, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Tim B

Tim B Senior Member

There is a generally accepted salute for idiots in power boats. I couldn't possibly advocate it though.

As I have said many times before, the important thing is to get out sailing. We're not talking mega-bucks for 2nd hand dinghies, so go and have fun. Don't get too hung up on what to sail at first.

Tim B.

2. BobBill

BobBill Senior Member

All makes sense to me...

I see the party boats, the ones that seem to never leave Belmont, are still there. As I recall, most of those people are guests, often without owner aboard.

They make much noise, but you show up with a Tyvek sail, you may be hounded off the water and suffer a water balloon attack.

That Intensity sail is excellent quality, heavy duty, but responds like the class approved version, so the feel will remain.

Got to be something better than Tyvek, something clear and easy to put together. Search around, some of the new sails in clear whatever that material is is likely sold by the yard??? Same sails as the new UK dinghy and some RS boats.

Of interest> http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=112786

3. BobBill

BobBill Senior Member

Tyvek Not...

You could make a sail...see Sailrite or something like that...Tyvek will get you too much attention, it is feared.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.