laser class

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by gator51, Aug 24, 2008.

1. gator51

gator51 New Member

I want to build a laser class sailboat,does any know where i can get plans

thanks

2. mr curious

mr curious gunkholer supreme

3. bistros

bistros Previous Member

The Laser is a highly regulated one design class with authorized manufacturers. You can not build one from plans - it would not be accepted as a Laser. There are many alternatives to the Laser of similar size, performance and capability, but the Laser is not possible as a self build.

If you wished, you could take off offsets from a Laser hull and build a Laser-like boat using the same rigging, but it would not be a Laser.

4. pulsar

pulsar Mechanical engineer

I have found model of laser on www.delftship.net (in design database). It's only shape of hull.

5. mat82

mat82 New Member

Patented ones??

Hello do you know the US patent numbers of the Laser sailboats? I have found the 5163377, but i'm not sure, the model displayed on it has a long keel wich seems to be part of the hull... :?:

Thanks!

Matías

6. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

I'm not sure what boat you're referring to, but the Laser is a centerboard dinghy and doesn't have a long keel, or a noticeable keel of any kind. It must be another boat.

7. mat82

mat82 New Member

You are right PAR, the 5163377 is from another sailboat designed by Bruce Kirby. I've found another, the 304922 in the attached image I think it might be.

I've looked too other Lasers descriptions (Radial, 4.7, M, and Rooster) and photographs, do you know the differences between them and the standar?

Thanks!

B.regards

Matías

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.