Keel bolts in a 27 please enter!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by MarioCoccon, Mar 9, 2006.

1. MarioCoccon

MarioCoccon Senior Member

Hi friends, My newport 27 1971 have the keel bolts a little corroted. I dont know if put more like the last owner of my Columbia 39 do, or just remove the older ones and replaced. What kind of bolts or screws are they and where I can find them. If some there with this kind of problem or good ideas??. I want to do this before put the boat on the water. Thanks

2. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

put new ones in they are inexpensive,and will give you peace of mind ,,,,dont forget to cauke them ,and check your zinks,

3. longliner45

you can get bronse or stainless steel, you can buy stock from just about any hardware store,good stainless is not magnetic , check with a good magnet.

4. MarioCoccon

MarioCoccon Senior Member

Hi and thanks, what will be the comment of put new ones beside the original ones. Thanks.

5. longliner45

new ones are even better ,,,,good luck .

6. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Keel bolts in a 27 please enter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do as Longliner says - replace them all. If the old ones have sentimental value, then use them as ballast. Otherwise, chuck 'em. :rolleyes:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.