Information about Foil and Fly Dinghy Classes

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by snattsas, Feb 16, 2004.

1. snattsas

snattsas New Member

I'm looking for any information about the Foil and/or Fly dinghy classes from the 1950's. Any information you can share will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Steve

2. Steve Harrold

Steve Harrold New Member

Foil Dinghies

Hi, we've recently been given a Foil, which is in good order, and is sailed by my 8 year old son. I've also got a copy of a press ad for the Foil, from the late 50's.

Cheers

Steve Harrold

3. snattsas

snattsas New Member

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply. Would you consider mailing me a copy of your ad? I would be happy to pay you for your trouble.

Best regards,

Steve Nattsas
    558 Timberlake Drive
    Lynchburg, VA 24502
    USA

4. Irene

Irene New Member

Fly Dinghy

Hi there,

In my Childhood I was a member of the Lea Valley Sailing Club in London England, which is where the Canvas Fly Dinghy was first sailed. When I was ten years old I inherited fly sail no 4 which was by then a ply bottomed boat, with roll decks to the cockpit.

hugs.

irene.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.