I want to build a high performance single handed skiff...

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by someguy, Jul 4, 2006.

1. tamkvaitis

tamkvaitis sailor/amateur designer

I have a slighltly different Idea. I want a skiff, or something similar, only it shoulb be sailed by 4-6 people...any examples?

2. Paul B

Paul B Previous Member

I think you might be looking for a modern sportboat, like the Julian Bethwaite designed 8 metre Vivace or the Paul Bieker designed 8 metre Helter Skelter.

There are many other sportboats sailing in Australia and New Zealand, from about 6 metres up to about 9 metres in length. Sportboats and Libera Classe boats are quite popular in European Lakes areas in Italy, Switzerland, and Germany.

Attached Files:

3. Milan

Milan Senior Member

4. Adam H

Adam H New Member

Have a try at this link - a local guy has developed a boat (skiff hull) that goes well - although it is for sale, the hull (made by bloodaxe boats) looks great - have a look anyway.... http://www.devboats.co.uk/plusplus/

A ripper of a boat

Adam

5. rkoomans

rkoomans New Member

Re SKIFF parts or complete available

6. bistros

bistros Previous Member

7. rkoomans

rkoomans New Member

Musto Skiff error

Thanks, I found out also through better sources than I had b4. yes, this skiff of mine is known as a modified Javelin Class Skiff I heard, like those in Olympics.

8. bistros

bistros Previous Member

The Olympics never had the chance to destroy the Javelin class. The current victim of Olympic attention (and the first and only skiff so far) is the 49er.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.