Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors
Old 03-19-2017, 02:45 PM

Rep: 10 Posts: 2
Help. What kind of sailboat is this?

Hello everyone, Does anyone know what make/model this sailboat is? I came upon this daysailer at my local marina and I am very interested in buying it or finding another one like it to buy. The boat does not have a For Sale sign on it so I contacted the owners of the marina to see if they could put me in touch with the owners. (no answer yet). I would like to do some research on it so, if possible, make a fair offer on it if the owner(s) are willing to sell. It appears to be 18-19ft. long.
Attached Thumbnails
Help. What kind of sailboat is this?-ds-resize.jpg  
Old 03-19-2017, 10:08 PM

Rep: 1067 Posts: 1,975
More pics would help. My first thought was a Chrysler Lone Star, but it doesn't seem to be it. The Lone Star has twin centerboards.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:23 PM

Rep: 1669 Posts: 1,985
Next time you are at the marina take a look at the transom and see if it has a Hull Identification Number in the upper right corner of the transom. The first three digits will be the manufacturer identification code. You can look up the manufacturer at http://www.uscgboating.org/content/m...tification.php
Boat Builder News Blog
My Boating Safety Blog
Old 03-21-2017, 05:43 AM

Rep: 10 Posts: 2
Thank you Ike. I will do that this weekend. I knew I could count on you guys to guild me. I'll let you know what I find out.