help identify boat

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by theartmkr, Aug 26, 2009.

1. theartmkr

theartmkr New Member

I purchased this as a project, and the more i dig into this, the more excited I am. This is boat is 21' 1961 vintage. Lots of cool stuff like BRONZE rudder, lots of bronze custom bronze hardware like fore/back stay anchors, skuppers, ect. Standing rigging is way overbuilt 7/32, with three shrouds per side. tiller steering. cast steel keel (fin with bulb). 4 berths, head, galley. 5'6" standing headroom in cabin. Incredible 360 degree view from inside. roller furling boom. 6-8" rub/toe rail. This is a sweet little boat, and alot of thought and money went into making this, but have not been able to identify maker. It spent most of it's life in northern cal, and I heard a rumor that it may have come down from canada, but that is only speculation. I would really appreciate any help in identification. Some thought it might be a triangle 20, but no....too different. Any help?

william

please e-mail if you have an idea. Thanks

theartmkr@aol.com

Attached Files:

2. alan white

alan white Senior Member

Pontiac? Oldsmobile? You found a strange one all right. Motor boats by the thousands looked exactly like that boat from the waist up, but not one sailboat I can remember, except a Westerly design that looked a lot like a car..

The hull reminds me of a Bristol, but for the rounded edges of the stern.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.