Help!

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by ArZillO, Sep 5, 2005.

1. ArZillO

ArZillO New Member

Hi all, I'm modelling my sailboat project with rhino and I have some questions:

1-Where con I find the textures for rhino?
    2-What's the best way to model the deckhouse of a sailboat with rhino?
    3-I need some advices to obtain a good rendered model...

Thanks to all.
    Bye.

2. Tim B

Tim B Senior Member

Arzillo,

I get my textures from www.3D-cafe.com there is a wide range there, or you could draw your own.

deckhouses are pigs, regardless what shape they are. are you trying to do a "Bubble" deck-house or a more conventional type? I usually find that pulling individual control points around is the easiest way for bubbles.

Which renderer are you using... Treefrog is better than the standard Rhino one. Even better is to save the file as a pov-ray mesh, then use povray (free download) to render it. It takes some practice, though.

Tim B.

3. SailDesign

SailDesign Old Phart! Stay upwind..

Arzillo,
    Tim is right -3DCafe is a good place for a few startertextures, but making your own is eventually far better, as you can make what you need, not have to use what's available.
    For good renderings, practice, practice, practice. Try something, and if it does nt look just how you want it, try to figure out the problem and fix it. Other things to try are to play with lighting. You would be amazed at what a change of lights can do to/for a rendering. And again - practice, practice, practice... :)
    Steve

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.