Harken+Ronstan Cam Cleat Accesories: Help!

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by dylantorquerol, Jan 18, 2011.

1. dylantorquerol

dylantorquerol Junior Member

I have the small sized ronstan cleats on my sailing dinghy, but the cleats don't have fairleads, so its hard to pull on a line from an angle. I like the harken fairleads better as they are lower-friction, but I have Ronstan cleats. If both the fairlead and cleat are the same size but different company, will they fit?

2. bruceb

bruceb Senior Member

They don't make it easy

It depends on the size cleats you have, but most Harkens have different screw spacing than Ronstans. That said, if you measure, there are fairleads that will fit, even if you have to bend them and/or re-drill your mounting plates. Someone used to sell mounting plates with several different sets of holes for just that purpose, but the usual need was for Harken cleats with Ronstan or Nicro-Fico fairleads. If you need it and can give me your hole spacing, I have examples of most of the standard cleats/fairleads/eyestraps and can measure a set for you. B

3. dylantorquerol

dylantorquerol Junior Member

Thanks! I think I might as well just order the ronstan fairleads on APS that are made for my cleat. I was just wondering this because my West Marine only had 1 harken x-treme angle fairlead.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.