Epoxy Pinhole Question

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by BobBill, Oct 5, 2010.

1. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

Each to there own method . lot depends on what you are glassing , the shape and size , temperature and weather conditions in general and working by your self or with others .
    Yes it can be a ongoing process of 3 coats one after the other.:D

2. BobBill

BobBill Senior Member

Peel Ply is Problem

The resin was even all the way around, and was absorbed by the peel ply unevenly as I noted some pooling and some dry areas, but by that time it was too late to alter anything. The metal roller came from another site on techniques, and it was first bout with ply for me, and seemed to be proper means to get ply down to do its job...

I see no need to mix in q cells in this job, but if so, let me know. It is simply glassing over 30 year hull that had some age problems but not serious. Two layers of light cloth, clear resin, sanding for prime and paint...

As to paint rollers, stick with mohair...

I put up on SA and comments were very educational.

3. BobBill

BobBill Senior Member

Tunnels, why add q-cells in resin as second coat? To thicken and minimize movement?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.