Emergency rudder size

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Andrew Evans, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans New Member

I'm building an emergency rudder for my Olson 30. Can anyone give me a hint as to how big it must be to be effective, but as small as possible? Perhaps in square feet?

Thanks for your comments on the bow wing. For the Moore 24 supporters, I could no more trade in my beautiful Olson 30 for the sake of one race than I could trade in my beautiful wife for the sake of one date!

Andy Evans
    Foolish Muse
    Victoria

2. dougfrolich

dougfrolich Senior Member

Andrew,
    As a Moore(24)on I would like to help. (prev. jabs in jest) I have several options, left over from my Hawaii trips. They are just taking up space. And my lovely wife would like to see them go---I like to see them go to good use. Send a PM with contact info, and I will foward you the specs/Pics.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.