A different MacGregor ( hopefully)

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by aitchem, Nov 28, 2005.

1. mighetto

mighetto New Member

Nothing better than wheaties and warm piss. Serve me up. The SC70s are top notch in my book. Better than TP52s no doubt. Racability is a determinant of resale value. The SC70s are very racably - especially on the great lakes and this explains their price as much as anything. We have one here in Puget Sound. Perhaps they will let me board at the next Swiftsure. Coruba, is not an SC70. Still wondering how they could let Trader cheat her crew out of third in the TransPac. As I mentioned, Roger MacGregor's daughter has one of the SC70s, and I have long proposed that you are better off purchasing an SC70 used than a TP52 new. The crew of Neptune's Car, an SC70, are very Mac26x friendly. They always make a point of coming over to visit Murrelet, my Mac26x, when we are out practicing on Elliot bay and seem friendly. I have never gotten the feeling that that crew has anything but respect for those of us learning water ballast techiques. We all cried when the Barn was torn down. How do things like that happen?

Frank L. Mighetto

2. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

Just wondering, why exactly are we comparing a 26-foot trailer cruiser with 52- and 70-foot ocean racers? Forget apples and oranges, I get the impression we're comparing apples with ribeye steaks here!

3. the_sphincter

the_sphincter *

You are better off purchasing any boat used than a boat new in financial sense.
    one of the areas that you bash the TP52 on is crew. How many crew does it take to race a SC70?

4. Shife

Shife Anarchist

How many crew? Oh, two or three...
    [​IMG]

Time to lock the lunatic back in his cage before he destroys the rest of this forum, just as he's done to so many others. I wonder how much it would cost to get Roger MacGregor to say the sky is yellow. Because you know, if a MacGregor says it, it must be true.

5. Shife

Shife Anarchist

Another pic courtesy of the GL 70 association web page:
    [​IMG]

6. Shife

Shife Anarchist

Oh yeah, I definitely see the resemblance:

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.