Cruising yacht design recommendation (plans)

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Riva, Aug 8, 2009.

1. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

You didn't start anything Riva, the "erased" (apparently) poster that seemed to disagree with every convention designers have accepted, just was one of those types that knows considerably less then he thinks he does. These show up from time to time, consider them cyber attacks that have been dealt with by the anti virus software.

Yes, you've got it. I've been fortunate to have been involved with many new builds from many angles, owner, designer, builder, contractor, supervisor, etc. and all had a well driven owners and a designer that knew just what the owner wanted or a design that reflected just what the owner wanted.

Sneak aboard as many boats as you can initially. Eventually you'll develop preferences, at which point you can refine you focus and select rides on boats of that type or configuration.

I envy you, I wish I was in the market for a new boat. It's an enjoyable time (and frustrating sometimes). It seems every time I might be in the market for a new boat, one drops in my lap and I'm forced to contend with it.

2. dskira

dskira Previous Member

The Harbor Queen, never thought about this one, I love the description and the use for:D

Daniel

3. Riva

Riva Junior Member

Yeah I really need to get my hands on some crushed velvet, instant homerun with the ladies... haha... :D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.