CCPlans.com - Heard of it?

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by bluerider32, Mar 7, 2005.

1. bluerider32

bluerider32 New Member

Hello, has anyone built any of the boats on www.ccplans.com? I really like the C-C 45 for its draft and simplicity (cedar-strip construction). However, I'd rather hear from someone whose built/sailed one of these before I take the plunge. These appear to be nice plans but are very expensive. Thanks for any feedback.

2. Nobody

Nobody Junior Member

You don't say which sort of boat you are interested in but the cost of good plans will always be high. Like anything different people find value in different products.

Remember that things like the automatic cutting files for steel or aluminium construction can save hundreads of hours during construction. Likewise there is a huge difference in detail. Some designers will give a few drawings others a lot more. The higher detail takes more design work and therefore costs money however it can save time and money in the yard.

As a point of comparision check out http://www.radford-yacht.com

3. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

Dudley Dix seems to cost a little less, www.dixdesign.com .
    His drawings are very detailed and he also offers cutting files or kits.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.