Bringing a C-15 back to life

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Sothpaw, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Sothpaw

Sothpaw New Member

i recently purchased my first sailboat and have a ton of work to do to bring it back to life. it hasn't been in the water in 10 years. i got the wrong mast with it and i need to do a few minor fibre glass repairs. i have the racing sails but the mast is 4.5 feet to short... it seems that 3 owners ago they knew about this problem and tossed in a spare mast from some other boat with a slightly larger diameter. if i have a metal shop mill me an insert that would fit the two peices together by putting the extra mast on the lower 4.5 feet.... would that structurally work... i braced some 2x4's on the lower 4.5 feet and it seems to actually hold so i think i'm going to try it out... the price of a whole new mast is crazy and i think i can actually jerry rig it. anyone ever done anything like this?:?:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.