ASC Concept (no heel auto-adjust sail)

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Jeff, Jun 2, 2002.

1. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

I received an e-mail today from Alexandre Gronsky about his invention which both eliminates heel and also automatically "adjusts the sail's position, shape, and stretch with every change of course". After enjoying seeing the invention posted in this thread http://boatdesign.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=582 and the observations which followed, I thought I would post Alexandre’s email here as well for comment:

[​IMG]

The result of a several years of work of a small design team is presented here for your consideration. This work has lead to registring an invention. Have you ever thought of a monohull yacht that would not heel? A yacht that would be able to carry a sail of unrestricted area and no ballast at all? Have you ever thought of a sail structure that would autonomously adjust sail`s position, shape and stretch with every change of the course? Absolute directional stability, less pitching and rolling, safety and easyness of operation... And all that in a yacht with conventional looks? Here you will find some bright ideas on how to make this dream come true. If you will be patient enough to look through figures and the descrption you may see the dawn of a new age in yacht design. Please note that enclosed is only a brief description and all drawings are for illustrating purposes only. Currently we are seeking partners in promoting and commercial realisation of that concept. Any ideas and propositions welcome. For additional information please be kind, mail to: invention@mailru.com

Alexandre Gronsky
    Inventor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.