26'islander "klickitat"

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by snuffy, Nov 17, 2009.

1. snuffy

snuffy Junior Member

I am looking at 26-28'sailboats and saw a "salmon"colored boat that caught my eye.The only information that I could get from the ad or the" contact"person[owners father]was that the owner was a policeman with no time to sell the boat,and that it was a Islander "klickitat"...

Have any of you any info on this boat design?I could not find anything at the islander site,nor google,and the price is close to what I can afford...but I may have to ship it from Everett down to the Columbia so it may be a wash...

how 'bout it? ring any bells:?:

2. Gilbert

Gilbert Senior Member

Pictures????

3. snuffy

snuffy Junior Member

4. Gilbert

Gilbert Senior Member

I looked at the listing.
    There was a company called the Klickitat Canoe Co. in the Portland area that built a boat of that model. That looks like their standard deck mold for the model.
    So maybe it is a Klickitat Islander instead of an Islander Klickitat??????
    One of these was in the Cathlamet Marina until a few months ago when her owner donated it to the Portland Sea Scouts. Maybe you could find out more from the Sea Scouts.

5. snuffy

snuffy Junior Member

might do that...except pat kelly will probably try and sell me that s-2 hes been trying to sell for the last year[grin]I know pat from my days in the "City of Roses"many many years ago...

6. Gilbert

Gilbert Senior Member

I can tell you a little more about these boats but not much about the company. As for the company, the Hull ID number starts with KCK and I saw one with the number 15 at the end so I assume they made more than a couple; at least 15 I would guess.
    The hull itself is not particularly deep in the water but has what could be said to be a full keel with a keel hung rudder, along the likes of a Buzzrds Bay 14 if you know what that is. The stern overhangs the keel and rudder. The hull shape is very nice. The deck/cabin profile is low and so there can't be standing head room.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.