yanmar 6lp-stzp 315hp

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by hilux38, Dec 6, 2004.

1. hilux38

hilux38 Junior Member

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at buying a yanmar 6lp-stzp (315hp diesel), coupled with a bravo 2 leg, has anyone had any experience with these engines? good or bad? any info would be great? (on either the leg or engine!!)

thanks,

Paul

2. jav

jav Junior Member

a freind of mine has one on his Albin 28TE, but its a straight inboard , not I/O. He loves the engine and hasn't had any real problems in 250 hours.

Having said that, there is quite a thread on the boatdiesel site about some Yanmar lawsuit and valve problem that at first, did not seem to include the 315 hp version of this engine. However, reading some of the recent threads, I'm not so sure. If (BIG IF) there is any credence to this issue, I would want to know prior to parting with my cash.

3. Thunderhead19

Thunderhead19 Senior Member

My experiences have been good with this combination.

4. hilux38

hilux38 Junior Member

thanks for the info guys