I show my patented Turboprop for planning boats. This is a turbine-propeller inside the hull. You can see 2 pictures of motorboat prototypes with single or twin engine in www.turboprop.martiena.it .
Tested with the following prototypes:
1. single RIB (GRP hull) LOA 4,10 m. diesel 20 HP Δ= 0,70 tons - 24 kts
2. single open boat - LOA 5,50 m. diesel 30 HP Δ= 1,00 tons - 25 kts about (see picture)
3. single open boat LOA 6,50 m. diesel 170 HP Δ= 2,40 tons - 35 kts about
4. single RIB (GRP hull) LOA 6,00 m. diesel 63 HP Δ= 1,70 tons - 28 kts about
5. single Fisherman LOA 7,10 m. diesel 170 HP Δ= 3.05 tons 28 kts about
6. twin Fisherman - LOA 7,10 m. diesel 2 x 110 HP Δ= 3.3 tons 31 kts about (see picture)
These prototypes have permitted to bring into evidence the errors and to get ready the turboprop.
Turboprop has built with the same hull materials and isnt a waterjet. Building and assembly needs of some attentions only and the result has guaranteed.
Dont copy. If you dont know some secrets, you can miss the target !
Nearly in mass production:
Single - RIB (GRP hull) - LOA 7,50 m. diesel 1 x 190 HP - Δ= 2,05 tons 44 kts about Cruise speed 34 kts about 0,83 litres/marine mile.
Twin - Open boat LOA 9,90 m. diesel 2 x 170 HP - Δ= 4,2 tons 40,4 kts about Cruise speed 31,5 kts about 1,65 litres/marine mile.
Twin - RIB (GRP hull) LOA 8,70 m. diesel 2 x 150 HP - Δ= 2,92 tons 45,7 kts about - Cruise speed 35,7 kts about 1,28 litres/marine mile.
Best of luck with your venture.
The TITANIC sank because it had a hole in it(still does). Submarine Tom
You just can't put too much info on your patterns. DGreenwood
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Chain drive,Universal joint,Direct drive||Ed-H||DIY Marinizing||3||03-14-2010 09:48 AM|
|converting v-drive to stern drive?||tentantoes||Sterndrives||4||06-13-2008 10:54 AM|
|Converting from Jet drive to Stern drive||gearhead496||Boat Design||9||03-22-2008 12:23 PM|
|jet drive? or stern drive?||Toby100000||Jet Drives||2||08-04-2007 04:32 AM|
|Stern shape design for surface drive/stern drive||Alik||Boat Design||8||06-15-2006 08:36 PM|