mercruiser serial number help

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by manyolkars, Dec 23, 2004.

1. manyolkars

manyolkars New Member

Hi, I have spent many hours searching the internet for info to identify my 4 cyl Mercruiser engines. Somebody please point me to the right website. Thanks My first engine is missing the riveted tag at the back of the engine. The serial number stamped on the pad behind the fuel pump is V04024CN. this block has a GM casting number 3937746. The other engine has the riveted tag with number 4651392 and on the block behind the fuel pump is serial number MII257RA. This block was Hecho en Mexico with a cast number 27700 with 87 stamped at the end of 27700. I appreciate any help!

2. Nova II

Nova II New Member

Serial number help

Call mercury marine and select the option that says sterndrive questions on their automated answering system. Tech will answer and give them the number off the pad by the fuel pump. From there they will be able to tell you what you have. Also, if you have one of the transom assemblies or drives, the serial number off one of those links them to all the numbers on the boat, ie engine, transom assembly outdrive. This has worked for me on occasion for setups dating back to the early 80's. They even told me the original owner's name. They were closed today as I was trying to ID some drives myself. Good luck

3. manyolkars

manyolkars New Member

thank you. that seems my only option since I cant find it on the 'net

4. gerard baladi

gerard baladi Junior Member

If your engines came out of the Belgian factory for Mercruiser & Mercury, then contacting Mercury Marine in the U.S is useless. Try also contacting the European Branch through " Marinepower".

You can interact directly.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.