Looking for OZMarine OZEcoDrive Electric motor DISTRIBUTOR in US or Canada

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by LeComte, Jan 13, 2011.

1. LeComte

LeComte New Member

I am rebuilding a Dragon 30 (original construction was 1949). Looking into propulsion alternatives, I stumbled on the OZEcoDrive system that would work for this project.

I am looking for a distributor of that technology in the US or in Canada.

Thanks in advance!

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Do you mean a sailboat Dragon?

3. LeComte

LeComte New Member

Yes ! I picked it up in sorry shape in Toronto last fall. It needs at lot of attention. In the process of rebuilding 80% of the keel structure at this time. 20 ribs and a dozen planks need replacing. Top side ok. I know about the alternatives (side electric motor and al). For my use, I need a simple, no maintenance, 4-5knots solution. OzDrive seems a good solution coupled with solar panel to top of the regen capabilities. The folding prop allows me to get speed when I want. Since I am in the keel (so to speak), it is time to consider that option !!

4. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

5. LeComte

LeComte New Member

Thanks! And you are correct. This boat has been glassed inside and out, causing the damage being left outside with no protection for 10 years....I am painfully removing that glass and restauring to initial specs. A superb challenge !
    See ya.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.