Jet Vs Prop

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by def3, Jul 24, 2005.

1. def3

def3 New Member

I Know This My Cause A War, But I Am Looking To Buy A Boat For The Parker Strip And Would Like To Know The Good And The Bad Of This Drives. I Am Looking For A 22-23 Ft Boat And Would Like To Have It Be In The 65 Mph Range. I Do Know That It Is Easier To Do This In A Prop Boat. I Gues What I Am Looking For Is A Great Reason To Go With A Jet. Also I Have Been Looking At A 22 Stealth Ultra Boat And A Report States That This Boat Will Be In The Mid 50's With A Jet And A 364 Cu In Engine What Are Your Thoughts?

2. cyclops

cyclops Senior Member

Surf the hot boat forums.

3. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Generally guys put big blocks in jets like the Ultra, not a 364CID. With the BB these boats will hit 60 and more. Fun boats. Two big drawbacks, high fuel consumption and not the best for skiing.

Kelly Cook

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.