Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors

Go Back   Boat Design Forums > Design > Propulsion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Most Recent Posts Gallery Images Search

Old 05-15-2006, 07:29 PM

Rep: 1822 Posts: 3,376
Gas from Water, (WaterFuel), HHO technology

I really haven't had the time to look at this technology very close, but several friends who thought I might be interested sent me a couple of eMails on the subject.

I thought about posting this under the "New propulsion sytems for ships" thread but seeing as that one has gotten rather lengthy, and this technology may have many more aplications than just ships, I gave it a new thread.

from a news source....
Two particularly intriguing exhibits were the H2O 2000 gas generator machine, a revolutionary welding and cutting device, and...
The generator is a little 160-pound gizmo on wheels that is powerful indeed. In the words of The Center for Strategic Alliance Inc., “we can now make fire from water.” The Center for Strategic Alliance Inc. is a small consulting business with offices in Hickman, Ky.

This technology, with more than five years in research and development at Hydrogen Technology Applications Inc. (HTA), illustrates that the solutions to our energy and environmental woes may be in the common elements that surround us. The patented process safely generates a molecularly stable hybrid hydrogen/oxygen gas (Klein/HHO) on demand from water. The gas is extremely environmentally friendly in that it has no polluting subgases when burned and produces only pure water in vapor form. It is currently being used to cut, weld, solder and fuse such materials as metal, plastics, ceramics and glass in commercial as well as artistic applications.

Unlike pure hydrogen gas, HHO gas remains highly stable, reducing the fear of explosions that often accompany pure hydrogen systems.

This isn't just good new for welders. This technology is being adapted for a new breed of hybrid cars. I've been hearing claims like this since I was knee-high to a grasshopper, but this is the first time I have seen anything like this that is believable. Take the time to read the links. You, too, will be amazed, I think.

Related News Links:
hytechapps.com 1
hytechapps.com 2
hytechapps.com 3
hytechapps.com 4

Old 05-15-2006, 08:22 PM
-

Rep: 96 Posts: 593
Credibility

Hm....

When googling "hydrogen technology applications" i found in the first results:

Some fake wiki:
http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directo...plications_Inc

Dead link:
https://www.newhomesconnect.com/blc/hta_app.shtml

Google cache from same dead link:

ON-LINE APPLICATION

Please fill in all fields requested below for accuracy in processing your credit application.
We will notify you immediately as to the status of your credit application.
You may also download and print our credit application in Acrobat Reader format
and fax it to us at toll free (800) 882-5261.

Click Here To Download A Printable Application - Adobe Acrobat Format

Applications are processed Monday-Friday between the hours of 9:00AM to 2:30PM EST.
Applications received after 2:30EST will be processed the following business morning.

Thank you, and we look forward to serving your business financing needs.

Scam?
http://www.bizlendingcenter.com/hta_01.html
Old 05-15-2006, 09:25 PM
-

Rep: 96 Posts: 593
Discussion on other forum

Other forum bothered with this:

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=56705
Old 05-15-2006, 09:30 PM

Rep: 2008 Posts: 4,132
The electrolysis of water produces hydrogen and oxygen in atomic form. These can combine in various ways:
Hydrogen (H2) and oxygen (O2)
Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2), and hydrogen (H2)
Hydrogen (H2) and ozone (O3)
etcetera...
You get the idea. All you get is hydrogen and oxygen in various combinations, and always 2 H atoms to one O atom.
The plain H2, O2 mixture is certainly not a stable one.
Aquygen (tm) gas appears to be simply a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen. The device appears to be not much different from the common electrolyzer that any first-year engineering student can whip up in two hours.
Having said that, and cut through the bulls*it of their uninformed marketing types, I see a very capable welding machine that could be useful for a huge variety of tasks. If HTA were to market it as such, and not claim innovations that they clearly didn't make, credibility would be a lot higher.
As for claims of revolutionary energy efficiency, etc. The first and second laws CANNOT be violated. Ever. So that energy has to come from somewhere- in this case the power grid, meaning it comes mostly from nuclear, coal and gas plants.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:05 PM

Rep: 114 Posts: 582
Everyone beliving in hydrogen should sitt down and think about why we are not using it allready.

I have critizised hydrogen so manny times and so manny places during the years that I don't even care to do it again.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpark
Other forum bothered with this:

That was an interesting forum SeaSpark. I rather thought there was something quirky with this technology, but lacked the knowledge to evaluate it.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:44 AM
Previous Member

Hydrogen is the fuel for the sun, can be found almost everywhere in universe..... can be drawn from mineral, liquid or directly from air.

The stuff help bomb blow bigger, help camera see heat........ make me sick.... cause need oxygen.

Hydrogen is one of the vital component of organic stuff..... Carbon, Hydrogen and Oxygen..... concluded the class for elementary studies......

Expensive equipment is needed, for instant, u need 120 thickness pipe rather the norm 40, stainless of course, can u imagine a car use flimsy metal pipe? Free B-B-Q I smell.....

WDH
Old 05-16-2006, 07:53 AM
designer

Rep: 1148 Posts: 3,486
wow, lots of new info and specially for boats that H+O is good stuff to explore
Old 05-16-2006, 10:21 AM

Rep: 112 Posts: 624
In order for HyTech to realize its vision of becoming an alternative energy technology company, we intend to negotiate strategic relationships with third party companies and organizations that will participate in new product research and development, including joint engineering, manufacturing, distribution, marketing, promotion and customer support. HyTech in effect will become an intellectual property management company that will continue to own and control the underlying technology through licensing agreements, joint ventures and contractual arrangements with strategic partners worldwide.

"Our commitment to the research and development and ultimately refinement of this technology is certain, because leading world governments and industry giants have made long term commitments to the research and development of hydrogen energy sources as the replacement fuel for the diminishing and polluting fossil fuels worldwide." - The Center for Strategic Alliance Inc

No one will ever see any of this technology developed ... if it is developable. They are already stating that the corporations and government will buy up the license.

Old 05-16-2006, 10:49 AM
Banned

Hey whats up people?
Old 05-16-2006, 09:03 PM

Rep: 114 Posts: 582
unlike stupidety inteligense has it's limits
Old 05-21-2006, 01:03 PM

Rep: 1895 Posts: 9,388
I read the information. It is full of claims that are incomplete and misleading. HHO? give me a break! That's H2O= water in common parlance. They made an electrolytic cell that decomposes water into hydrogen and oxygen. When they combine again into water there is an exothermic reaction. The 10000 degrees are with "some materials" I assume that the oxidation of some materials like magnesium would reach such temperatures.
Old 05-28-2006, 06:57 PM

Rep: 42 Posts: 438
It's a scam - you input energy to break a water molecule apart, then re-combine the elements to get the energy back out. Where does the extra energy to run the vehicle come from? It's a version of the ever popular perpetual motion machine.

Commercial processes use steam to break apart natural gas (CH4) into hydrogen and carbon dioxide. The energy required to break the methane apart is less than that recovered when you burn hydrogen into water.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:29 PM
Boatbuilder

Rep: 15 Posts: 545
They're right about one thing though, HHO gas is very stable.

Brian, please read up on the second law and stop posting this kind of fraudulent drivel.

Yoke.

Old 06-12-2006, 11:03 PM

You're right, I apologized on another forum and forgot to do so here.

Sorry for posting this. I just had not read over any of the material on it and accepted it at face value...my mistake.

There are several interesting discussions at this forum by some rather 'brainy' guys on the chemistry and physics on this subject...you have to look on thru it to find them