1997 seadoo challenger oversized engine swap ?

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by Indigosurfer, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Indigosurfer

Indigosurfer New Member

I own a 97 seadoo challenger with a wasted motor , again. I would rather not rebuild a hot rodded 787 because I would probably spend a couple of extra thousand just to go 10 faster and reduce reliability.I wanted to put in a M2 jet or a marine rotary engine.The M2 is a lot of extra weight and im not sure if trim tabs could keep the boat planed correctly.Also I live on long Island sound but will be bring this boat to Miami soon to do my boating there .Has anyone ever seen a swap like this or if you can offer any insight to how the hull in this small boat will behave around south florida.Thank you for observations.

2. djackson0758

djackson0758 New Member

I also have a 97 with a blown engine and would like to know if it is possible to change to a different motor other than the rotax

3. cyclops

cyclops Senior Member

Get on a PWC or Sea Doo or PWC racing forum site. Somebody has always tried it before you.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.