Missing Props

Discussion in 'Props' started by warrior7946, Mar 22, 2014.

1. warrior7946

warrior7946 Junior Member

I have a 1980 IMP Kansa 27 ft twin engine OMC 260 with 800 series stringer outdrives. I need to know if these props turn the same or are they counter. I purchased this at auction with no history or props. I would think what came factory should go back on but if anybody has a history with omc 260 & 800 series outdrive with a boat weight 5800lbs that can suggest a prop other than stock It would help. Thanks Cliff

2. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

Not likely to be counter-rotating, but you can easily check, put the water muffs on and run each motor for a short time, put into forward gear and check the direction of rotation of the output shaft. Will be clockwise looking from behind the boat if normal rotation.

3. warrior7946

warrior7946 Junior Member

prop rotation

Thanks, I will do that. Right now I am experiencing my first water pump R&R and am having a nightmare with seized stainless to alum. The top cap every 3/8 bolt twisted the head off even after heat was applied. Thanks again for your help. Cliff

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.