BP-Delta Needed!!!

Discussion in 'Props' started by GeorgeMarEng, Mar 25, 2014.

1. GeorgeMarEng

GeorgeMarEng Junior Member

Hi there,

I am in dire need of a BP-d diagram for a five blade propeller series! Can anyone help me out?!

Thanks

2. Eric Sponberg

Eric Sponberg Senior Member

In the 1967 edition of "Principles of Naval Architecture", edited by John P. Comstock and published by SNAME in the US, contains 5-blade Bp-delta charts for the 5.45, 5.60, and 5.75 propellers. You may be able to find someone with a copy through the RINA in London. The later editions of this book don't have the 5-blade charts.

I hope that helps.

Eric

3. jehardiman

jehardiman Senior Member

Online a chart for a 5.50 and a 5.70 can be found here.

http://hem.bredband.net/lagaren/props.htm

The actual charts are developed from Troost's "Open Water test Series With Modern Propeller Forms" (NECI, in 3 volumes 1937-1951...you used to be able to buy a copy through Univerisity Mircofilms, Ann Arbor). Note that these and the ones Eric mentioned in PNA are for a Troost/Wageningen B Series, they do not refelect modern high skew wheels. Also, there are the Kt Kq poloynominal coefficients out on the web, so you could develop your own if you know what you need.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.