Uni Ship Design Project Help Needed

Discussion in 'Projects & Proposals' started by Rian199, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Rian199

Rian199 Junior Member

Hi, I am new here on this forum. I am a second year Naval Architecture student in Australia. For our final project, we are to do a concept design for a passenger ferry, adhering to a given design brief which I have attached. Note, it is the passenger ferry, not the patrol boat. I have a semester break and will be working on it this week, but I am feeling a little stuck on the hull design since there are so many possibilities. Though our lecturer suggested we stick with monohull, which narrows it down a little. But I would like to get some more advice on the specific design etc. I have started on a workboat example hull in MaxSurf, and gave it a hard chine, and modified the dimensions to suit my specifications, and our lecturer also gave us one of her examples to look at. I aim to use water jets for propulsion, and I know I still have to allow for that at the stern section, so I will still design that. I have attached both the designs as well, so if someone can please have a look at the brief, and the designs and maybe give me some tips/advise on how to proceed, and any design additions/changes that would be beneficial for the design specs, that would be very much appreciated :)

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.