Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors
Old 11-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Rep: 10 Posts: 1
Restauration 21ft (6,5m) motorboat

Hello everyone!!

First of all, and as this is my first post here, I will try to introduce myself.
Originally from Spain, I live in its North Coast. I have always been keen on the sea, 7 years ago I built my own little (4,7mtrs) powerboat, which I still use now. But a few weeks ago a new project felt in my hands I can do anything else but go for it.

The patient this time will be a taylor 65, as far as I am concerned this is a good hull, and its condition is quite good ( a good friend of mine who works with fiberglass says so...) too.

Well, it's the one in front, the other one is the donor. Yes, I know that I have been quite lucky to find two identical hulls with no intentions by their owners to rebuild , still I had to pay a few for the donor....

I have had a go at many different things DIY wise but never worked on such a project before, as my actual boat does not include complex installations...have a look... I know it looks quite bad, but for the use I gave it it was enough....

And now the news...for which I expect as many critics (constructive) as possible, hints, comments, opinions, etc...

My first intention is to build a support to hold the boat above ground level, I guess and elevation of 0,75mtrs from the bottom of the hull to ground level is enough. Therefore I've considered the outboard engine shaft.

Afterwards, and talking generally I will start with the cabin, deck, circuits (electrical, fuel, water, etc). And my intention is to add a bracket to place the outboard engine, I have to say that this boat was originally an in-board engine. Now the stern hole has been sealed and that's the reason why I plan to install an outboard engine. Also because they are easir and cheaper to run and maintain.

Right now I am thinking of creating an electrical equipment list, and therefrom design the circuitry, calculate cables and batteries and so on.

This shall be it for now. I will keep updating the post with pics and questions (for which I expect answers...!!)
Old 12-27-2008, 06:16 AM
Rep: 14 Posts: 11
Hi there

I think the US Woodenboat forum would be a better place to get answers to your questions
Old 01-21-2009, 09:10 PM
Rep: 453 Posts: 885
Are those two nearly identical wooden boats?

Is your question: How to go about rebuilding one of them?
I'm not sure I under stand what you want.