FREE -Nordic/Norstar 40 & 44 FRP molds!!!

Discussion in 'Projects & Proposals' started by PacificJim, Jul 3, 2016.

1. PacificJim

PacificJim Junior Member

Hi all.
    Came across a CList ad yesterday -the people who have been building the Nordic/Norstar 40 & 44's are retiring. They've got the molds for the two boats sitting off on a side yard gathering blackberry brambles, and they'd like to give them away, for free rather than crush them up.

I looked at the molds, and they are in EXCELLENT shape.

Here's the design info and some articles:

Nordic 40 on Sailboat Data
    An article/review on the "Norstar 40"...

and another...

And the Nordic 44 on Sailboat Data...

and some yachtworld stuff...

Real pretty boats!

If I was a younger man looking to start up a company making boats, I might be tempted to include those designs in our offerings.

The molds could be gotten onto a flatcar (train) very easily, or a flatcar semi and shipped anywhere in the USA for a middlin, and anywhere in the world for a bit more.

I'll update with Gary (?)'s contact info/# or whomever is giving them away as I get that info.

:cool:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.