Zet Kayaks UK Creek boat

Discussion in 'Press Releases' started by anandkumar, Feb 2, 2011.

1. anandkumar

anandkumar Previous Member

http://www.*************.uk/ Creek-boats are lighter, faster and stronger for hardcore paddlers and are used for running narrow, low-volume waterways and are longer and have far more volume than play-boats, which makes them more stable, faster and higher-floating. Creek boats are used by paddlers in "short boat" downriver races, and they are often seen on large rivers where their extra stability and speed may be necessary to get through rapids. These medium–sized boats are designed for rivers of moderate to high volume, and some, known as river running play-boats, are capable of basic play-boating moves.

< moved to press release forum >

2. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

I see this is your first post; welcome to the forum. As a general rule posting sales literature and links to commercial sites is discouraged in the Boat Design sections of the forum; they should be placed in the Marketing section where they belong.

3. cthippo

cthippo Senior Member

Erm, so why is it that most of the hardcore whitewater boats are smaller than my (9' 6") "playboat".

Every time I start thinking about building another 'yak I ask myself " what can I do with this that I can's do with my current boat?". The answer keeps coming back "Nothing that's worth dumping a few hundred hours into". Oh well.

EDIT: OK, it looks like a nice boat, but doesn't anyone make a boat that fits larger paddlers? I'm 6' 1" and about 270 lbs, so figure 300 with gear. I can't be the only person on earth who weighs over 250 lbs and likes to paddle!

4. KJL38

KJL38 Senior Member

Whitewater kayaks are smaller to improve maneuverability, to fit in small eddys and for a softer landing when boofing drops.

When referring to whitewater kayaks a "playboat" means a kayak designed for freestyle moves like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR_j0bdEoyQ&feature=related So what the OP called a playboat is probably different to what you would call a playboat.

With regard to size Creek boats like the one in the link from the OP are designed for running class V whitewater and most people doing this are young or very fit so there probably isn't enough demand from heavier paddlers to make producing a larger model economically viable.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.