New Hydrofoiling Blog - Badass Hydrofoils

Discussion in 'Press Releases' started by anthonydimare, Aug 7, 2015.

1. anthonydimare

anthonydimare Junior Member

Hey all!

So I'm super interested in learning and sharing more information about hydrofoils, so I created a new blog called Badass Hydrofoils (working on getting a new URL).

Looking for suggestions for topics to write about. If you have a unique story or experience or pictures of anything hydrofoiling (ideally something badass) I want to hear about it. Feel free to email me at anthony.dimare (at) gmail dot com. Know some hydrofoiling history you want to share? Shoot me an email. I'll share it with everyone.

Into twitter? Follow the Badass Hydrofoil account for on-demand access to posts: Badass Hydrofoil Twitter Account

Cheers all!

2. DCockey

DCockey Senior Member

Why the "Badass" name? What are your trying to communicate with it?

3. anthonydimare

anthonydimare Junior Member

Hi David, trying to highlight some of the really amazing things are or have been done with hydrofoils. Seems like a lot of people don't know the long long history of hydrofoils and the cool projects going on right now.

The story of the "badass" part of the name is: anytime I see hydrofoils in action, I can't help but think "holy cow, that's freakin' badass!!" So it stuck when I went to choose a name. And they are, so it fits :) From a communication standpoint, it's a marketing play to attrack people to find out what the heck I'm talking about. We'll see if it works!

4. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

I suspect it communicated lots of acne and loud pastel garish colours...which of course attracts like mind...it shall no doubt be full of anecdotes and such rather than objective information about the hydrodynamics and actual vessels built.

anthony, there are many similar website out there, a simple google search yields many - you could start here. Failing that contact Doug Lord (a forum member) he can point you into the same direction.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.