Worlds fastest outrigger

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Dan Ellison, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Dan Ellison

Dan Ellison Junior Member

Worlds fastest propeller driven outrigger,247.7mph.Thats 1/4 mile.They may run over 250 by end of race this weekend. This was my first large outrigger. My r/c version just won the namba nationals G-1 hydro(outrigger). The fuel hull was scaled off of my r/c hull.

2. holeshot-h

holeshot-h New Member

Rc outrigger

Hey Dan,

Any pics or info about your RC rigger that set the record? was it gas or nitro? What motor did you run and who builds for you? Looking to get into rc boating myself and want to build a gas outrigger.

3. bmack

bmack Junior Member

I would also be interested in some pics and info...

4. holeshot-h

holeshot-h New Member

Are you building a gas rigger bmack?

5. Dan Ellison

Dan Ellison Junior Member

There is a picture of the gas r/c rigger under results for G-1 hydro on the namba website, 07 nationals . It is an epoxy glass gas rigger,44 inches long, under 10lbs RTR. Limited availability through Velasco's hulls in CA.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.