Windshield glare/reflection question

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by cmbrlandboater, Jan 31, 2007.

1. cmbrlandboater

cmbrlandboater New Member

What's up everyone? I'm new to the boards and have enjoyed reading some of the articles here and there, lots of knowledge around here.

I have a small Bayliner 175 Bowrider. I love the boat and it does everything I need. However, I just had a depth finder mounted in front of the windshield (due to a lack of room on the actual dash) and looking for a way to reduce or eliminate the reflection from the dash and silver instrument gauges onto the windshield making it hard to see through to the water and fish finder.

I have considered cutting up an old rubber bad mat from my other truck and making it in the shape, or at least as close as possible, to the dash and make kind of a hood over the instruments. I'd like to find a more custom aftermarket solution to the problem. What do you guys/gals think?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Poida

Poida Senior Member

A suggestion. The tint that you buy to tint windows with could possibly be laid over the instruments to reduce the amount of reflection and still allowing you to see the instruments.

Poida

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.