What Kind of Boat Is This?

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by thkimmel, Dec 21, 2009.

1. thkimmel

thkimmel Junior Member

Hey Everyone,

I just purchased this boat to work on in my spare time and I have no idea as to what kind it is. I bought it in Port Royal, Jamaica and I live in Kingston, Jamaica. If you have any information that might point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

-ThKimmel

Attached Files:

2. thkimmel

thkimmel Junior Member

I guess I should mention that is is 17.5 feet long.

3. mark775

mark775 Guest

I don't know but how extensive are the core problems? I see bolts pulling into rotten core/ply on the coaming.

4. thkimmel

thkimmel Junior Member

Mark,

This is going to sound dumb, but what is the coaming? I am new to the boat world and am trying to learn all I can. Are you talking about the four bolts on the starboard side?

5. thkimmel

thkimmel Junior Member

Ok, I did my research, I know what it is now. There isn't board at the coaming. The entire boat if fiberglass. I just had a boat man come look at it this evening. Everything is solid on it, I just want to replace all the old things with new things. I have pulled all the windows out, pulling the wires soon and am having it painted next month. I am taking my time doing everything.

6. mark775

mark775 Guest

I don't mean to be a pest but what is bolted there? Do you have a picture of the other end of those bolts?

7. thkimmel

thkimmel Junior Member

Mark, sorry for the long delay in responding. I did not get an email saying that you posted something and I didn't remember the web page for this forum. Anyways, there is a fold down/up seat there. I don't have a close up picture. But I did go inspect it after you mentioned it. Nothing seems to be rotten. It is solid fiberglass. Want me to take a picture and post it?

8. rps13

rps13 New Member

how much did you get it for??

9. thkimmel

thkimmel Junior Member

$800 Usd

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.