Trim Tabs 25' Mako

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by ccb, Jul 4, 2006.

1. ccb

ccb Junior Member

I have a 1978 25' Mako it lists when I pick up speed. It sits in the water perfect at the dock. Do you think Trim tibs would help my boat . Being a 1978 I would think someone would have put them on already over the years. I think they would help. Wanted to know what you guys thought. I know you guys know much more then I do.

2. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I think your assumptions are corrct Mr ccb. You will probably find that the boat is twisting in the opposite rotaion to the prop, ie torque reaction. To explain further if the prop turns to the right then the boat will list to the left,. This of course will be made worse if you sit on the left to drive,-- or visa versa.
    There will no doubt be some more guys come along with advice but yes I think trim tabs would help your problem as it will push up the side that is down.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.