trim problem with boat I just bought, please help

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by jetchris, Oct 14, 2004.

1. jetchris

jetchris New Member

I bought the following boat on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...047055&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT#mainImage

I had it in the water yesterday and I encountered the following problem: When I applied throttle it didn't move forward as expected but rather pushed down the bow as if it wanted to dive. I had to let go throttle in order to get a balance between speed and trim. Kind of as if it wanted to move but couldn't. The boat has a 454 olds and a Hamilton jet drive.

Anybody any ideas??

2. decay21450

decay21450 Guest

sounds like the reverse gate wasn't entirely out of the way

3. Thunderhead19

Thunderhead19 Senior Member

Has the boat been damaged and rebuilt?

4. jman

jman Junior Member

new boat not getting power -454 chevy rebuild jet

Hello thought you may be able to help me. Just bought 247 Ultra 2000 with 454 jet. lightning headers leaked and changed them too indmars straight. we took the boat out and its running slow and not getting rpm up either.

top 32mph @ 3400 rpm then it seems to loose power the motor was rebuilt before I bought it. 2 of the cylinders are running lower 89/79 compared too the other at 100 to 120. since you have 454 jet on that big boat do you have any knowledge to help get this boat going again? what could it be carb? headers? etc

I have had 454 24' hawaiian before and it ran 50+++ easy, there is something wrong just not educated enough....

any help would be greatly appreciated....

J

5. Thunderhead19

Thunderhead19 Senior Member

cOUGH cough..mumblemumbleHEADGASKETmumble mumble.......

6. Corpus Skipper

Corpus Skipper Hopeless Boataholic

Concur :D

7. yokebutt

yokebutt Boatbuilder

Agree with T-head and Corpus, especially if the two holes with low pressure are adjacent, then it's a no-brainer.

Yokebutt.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.